1. How do I download the application?
Please visit https://jaxtrsms.com/download.html and you can download the application by clicking on the appropriate link related to the device that you are using.
2. Will this application work on my phone?
You may visit https://jaxtrsms.com/download.html to find out the various devices the application works on.
3. How do I send a SMS?
Please do the following to send a message:
a. Open the Jaxtr application
b. Click on 'Compose New Message'
c. Type your text, enter the number and click on 'Send'.
4. How different is JaxtrSMS from other Free SMS providers?
You can actually download the JaxtrSMS application on your mobile phone and start sending SMS straight away to any number in the world regardless of the fact that whether the person you are sending the message to has the JaxtrSMS application on his device or not. You don't have to use your computer or visit any website to send a SMS. Jaxtr to Jaxtr messages are FREE and unlimited, while sending texts to non JaxtrSMS users are available at very LOW rates. You can purchase Text/SMS credits at a deep DISCOUNT at jaxtrsms.com. Just click on the Login button, enter your mobile number along with the country code and your password. Next, choose the amount you wish to purchase and proceed with the payment. To view the rates page please visit https://pay.jaxtrsms.com/pps/jaxrate.jsp
5. Do I need an internet connection to send a SMS?
Yes, you will have to use a data plan or Wifi connection to send the SMS.
6. Can I send free SMS using this service? Will I be charged by my service provider for sending SMS?
Jaxtr to Jaxtr messages are FREE and unlimited while texts to other countries are available at very LOW rates. You can purchase Text/SMS credits at a deep DISCOUNT at jaxtrsms.com. Just click on the Login button, enter your mobile number along with the country code and your password. Next, choose the amount you wish to purchase and proceed with the payment. To view the rates page please visit https://pay.jaxtrsms.com/pps/jaxrate.jsp. You will not be charged by your service provider to send SMS.
7. Does the person I send a SMS to need to have the JaxtrSMS application installed on his phone?
No, the person you are sending a SMS to need not have the JaxtrSMS application installed on his phone.
8. Will I receive a message if I have the application downloaded, but is not running on the phone?
You will have to use the JaxtrSMS application to receive SMS from other JaxtrSMS users, unless they send a SMS from their phone service provider. If your mobile internet is not active or if you have uninstalled the application, our systems will periodically inform you via SMS the number of pending messages, users will then receive the messages once they have Internet connectivity or once they install the application again.
9. Is there any limit on the number of messages that I can send?
Jaxtr to Jaxtr messages are unlimited, while the number of messages that you can send to a non JaxtrSMS user may be subject to the Telecom rules and regulations of the country from where the message is being sent.
10. Can I use the application on more than one device?
Although you can download the application on multiple devices, only one device will be active at any given time for a specific phone number.
11. Can I send a SMS in a non English language?
At this moment, you can send the SMS in English only. You can presently exchange non English language messages between 2 JaxtrSMS users. We are working on supporting other languages for SMS as well and this feature would be made available soon. Please keep visiting our website for regular updates.
12. Can I send a SMS to my international contacts?
Yes, you can send a SMS to any number in the world. Kindly make sure that you type the number in the international format, i.e. '+<countrycode><areacode><number>' eg. for a US number it should be +1456XXXXXXX
13. It is possible to use this application on a Computer?
Currently you can only use it on your mobile phone. You may visit https://jaxtrsms.com/download.html to find out the various devices the application works on.
14. What do you mean by a global phone number?
We will soon be allowing users to buy a global phone number from our website. This number can be used for using our services.
15. Whom should I contact if I have some issues or queries?
Please send an email to and you will promptly receive assistance.
16. Will the receiver be charged for receiving the SMS?
Normally, receiving of SMS is free, but some service providers may charge for receiving SMS. User will have to contact their service providers for confirmation since these are not Jaxtr SMS charges.
17. Can you please confirm what would be the charge to the recipient in case he/she were to reply to my SMS from the app, from their mobile to my jaxtrsms?
If your recipients have the JaxtrSMS application on their phones, they can send the SMS free of cost. If they do not have the application, normal charges would be applicable. Please note these are not JaxtrSMS charges, so they should contact his service provider for more information on the exact charges.
18. What is the text limit?
If you send a SMS to a non JaxtrSMS users, the limit is 160 characters. If the text is sent to a JaxtrSMS user, there is no limit.