Smart TVs have now become greatly important in our lives, always being watched so much in houses by everyone. Users start expecting more and more every day from technology as time flies.
The best part of these smart TVs is that not only people can watch their favorite shows but can also use them from their own viewing choice. So, we will tell you about apps that you can download on your LG Smart TVs.
As technologies have their pros and cons, these smart TVs may face a few compatibility issues. So, here we will discuss the best ways on how to install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV for a better experience.
- 1 How To Install 3rd Party Apps On LG Smart TV
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Conclusion
How To Install 3rd Party Apps On LG Smart TV
Other smart TVs are quite distinguishable from LG smart TV as it runs with the help of its operating system know as Web OS. Basically, it works with the help of two systems named WebOS and Netcast.
Both of these systems provide a great number of easily accessible apps, channels, games, movies, TV shows, and other media. On average, the LG content store possesses 200 available apps that are accessible to the users.
Here we will tell you about the two ways on how to install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV and discuss the user’s frequently asked questions.
1. Install With WebOS
These are the steps to install apps using WebOS on your LG smart TV.
- At first, press the home/quick button in your remote, and from your launcher, open the home menu in your smart TV.
- Click on the More Apps Button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Go to the LG content store. You will see multiple options there.
- Go to Premium from the options.
- There will be four columns in the premium list showing Live TV, TV shows, Movies, and app, and games.
- Click on the Search bar to find the app you choose to download from the LG content store.
- Install the app by clicking the Install tab.
- The app will be visible on the home screen. You will be able to open the app on your home screen after installation and watch or stream its contents.
2. Install With Netcast
These are the steps to install apps or get access to your favorite channels using a Netcast operating system on your LG smart TV.
- At first, press the home/smart button in your smart TV’s remote, and from your launcher, open the quick home menu.
- Then enter in the Premium section.
- You will see multiple options there in the Premium section.
- Click on the Search bar to find the app you choose to download from the store.
- Install the application.
- Click on the Launch button. To open the app, sign in to it if it asks you to do so.
- You will be able to access limitless streaming now
Note: No need to worry about the app’s update. Your smart TV will be able to download and install any available updates of your premium apps by itself.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does LG Smart TV Have Playstore?
As LG smart TV is not an Android device, you can’t download the Google Play store. It runs on WebOS. But LG TV offers you and supports a Playstore alternative, i.e., the LG Content Store.
Here, you can have access to the various contents of the Google Play movies store and the WebOS and the Netcast plans to download and install the apps of the Google Play movies and TV apps that you can have access on and run on your LG smart TV.
2. Can You Install 3rd Party Apps On LG Smart TV?
The simple answer is No. As LG smart TV works on Web OS or Netcast, you can’t download and install any 3rd party application because it does not provide an option to download apps from unknown sources.
But don’t worry, there is a hack by which you can Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV. It is important to know that the apps you get in LG content store in your smart TV by default depend on your country.
So, we will change the country’s services to install these apps. You just need to change the location of the country of your LG services without re-setup the whole TV. Follow the steps in order to replicate.
- Go to the Settings option and then click General.
- Click on the Location option.
- Here, you will be provided with two options.
- A broadcast country and the LG Serviced Country.
- You can get access to LG broadcast services of other countries and watch or stream the TV channel and in your needed apps on your smart TV in your home country, which is a plus point.
- Go to the LG Broadcast Services and select the location of your desired channels or apps on your Smart TV.
- (Example- You need UK regional channels or apps.
- Go to the list of LG Broadcast Services and select the UK. Smart TV will show you a warning sign.
- Click on the Yes tab. Automatically, the TV will restart, and you will have your desired services available).
3. How To Install Apps Using APK on LG Smart TV?
You can install APKs on your LG smart TV through the WebOS website. All these apps are normally authorized by the company.
Still, you can stream or run various third-party contents with the help of Chromecast in Android devices, WiFi Direct in PC or desktops, and AirPlay in Apple devices. Follow the steps in order to replicate.
- On your remote, press the Home button.
- Go to More Apps.
- Launch the LG Content Store.
- Select Premium and choose your desired apps.
- Your smart TV will automatically download and install the apps.
- You can also stream Android apps with the help of various third-party apps provided by the apps store of the company or through Firestick, Chromecast, AppleTV, and Roku on your LG TV.
4. Can WebOS Run Android Apps?
WebOS can easily run Android apps. After you download them on your mobile, you can simply watch and enjoy your favorite shows on your phone whenever and wherever you wish.
All smart TVs possess the same kinds of built-in features. Some will allow you to download apps from 3rd party sources while some won’t, and LG is an example here. So, we have discussed the details and also given you a trick on how to install 3rd Party Apps in LG Smart TV. You can also purchase VPN services.
We hope this information will be useful for you. Inquire us in the comment section below, if you possess any doubts or you have suggestions regarding the post or you want us to mention some other website that we may have forgotten.